Friday, April 4, 2008

A Nice Test For The Mets In Weekend Series


I wanted to say this was a big series for the Mets this weekend but I don't think the first week of the season can have a big series no matter the teams playing. This series against the Braves may not be big for either team but it will somewhat important to each team playing. For the Mets it will show that they are the team to be talking about even without Pedro. For the Braves they can finally show the baseball world that this team is for real and ready to take the division that was once theirs back. The 3 game series will see two really great pitching match-ups, game 1 and game 3 of the series will be tough to score runs in. The 3 game pitching match-ups look like this:

Game 1: Maine Vs Hudson

Game 2: Pelfrey Vs Glavine

Game 3: Santana Vs Smoltz (2 Future HOF)

I can't wait for this series to start. I don't know if I am more excited to see John Maine, because he was so dominate in the spring or for Sunday's game with Johan Santana Vs John Smoltz. I know I should be more excited about the game 3 match up but I think John Maine is gonna have a great year, maybe even better then Johan especially if he stays in the number 4 slot in the rotation. It is also a big match up for me because I traded Timmy Hudson in my fantasy league to acquire John Maine in a straight up deal, so I need to get some bragging rights, lol. Great series all around this weekend though. I will be pleased with 2 out of 3 especially at Turner Field.

0 comments: