Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mr. DL Looking For Early Come Back


In an article on Mets.com, Moises Alou talked with Marty Noble of MLB.com about setting his sights on a late April return to the Mets lineup. Alou states in the article that :

"I came to camp in the best shape of my life," he said. "Since November, I was in great shape. I never lost my playing shape ... I never got fat or had a beer belly. Whether I was going to come back to play or look good in the beach, I was in shape. ... And I had to pop off about getting 500 at-bats. It wasn't popping off. I was serious"


I love his enthusiasm I really do but, "Moises Don't Rush Back To Soon." I know that we need his right handed hitting in the lineup but I rather him in mid-May when we know he is completely healed and can try and last the rest of the season. We don't need him to play at the end of April just to have him go on the DL in May or June. The fans and front office will panic and try and bring up F-Mart when he is not ready and throw off his development. So Moises all I can say is "Rest Up, You'll Need It."


0 comments: